New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My simple haus IPA.

2 row and Crystal 40L with Simcoe, Centennial, and Cascade hops.

Brew day tomorrow to get that empty tap flowing again.
20190524_144440_013.jpeg
20190524_145200.jpeg

Two weeks ago we keg a Southern Home IPA using Nugget to bitter, Simcoe, Centennial, Citra, A bit of Summit and Falconers Flight in the whirlpool. Dry hop with Citra. Based on Lazy Magnolia Hops'pitality. Excellent brew. Easy drinking and great hops.

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Picked up a four pack of Pinhouse Pizzas collaboration brew. Rattlesnake Arms triple ipa! So happy this place is right around the corner from me. They make stellar beers as well as pizza...(and salads so the wife likes to go as well lol)

47936619572_4758245aaf_b.jpg

Picked up a four pack of Pinhouse Pizzas collaboration brew. Rattlesnake Arms triple ipa! So happy this place is right around the corner from me. They make stellar beers as well as pizza...(and salads so the wife likes to go as well lol)

47936619572_4758245aaf_b.jpg
Damn Im like 40min away in South Austin. Lamar is my home. Just fyi, this thread seems more about Home Brews. Head over to this thread for retails (and HB)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/221302/

Last edited:
My Great Granddad used to mow all of the different acreages that were spread over our farm when he was alive. Today with 2 72" deck mowers it takes a day and a half to mow everything.

Mowing was his retirement job, and it was essentially full time, but he loved it almost as much as he loved beer. He often updated his mower, but it was always the same model, the zero turn snapper pro. Why? Because it had a joystick, and could be entirely controlled with one hand, leaving the other free to quaff cold beer.

We made this honey kolsch to be our early summer lawnmower beer, and in his memory, named it "Joystick Snapper"

It's clean, crisp, light, and quaff-able with just a touch of fruitiness common of the strain of yeast.

IMG_20190527_213717150.jpg

Last edited:
As mentioned in the post above, I grew up on a farm in Iowa. This is an amber lager, modeled loosely after Yuengling. For the corn portion of the grain bill, we crushed corn directly out of our grain bin and did a cereal mash with it. The dark kilned malt that gives the beer its color also lends a light toasty flavor layered over the cramel malt and corn sweetness. She finishes with a faint bitterness from cascade and cluster hops for balance.

Named the the lager "God's Country" after the beautiful fertile region in which she was made, and where her ingredients come from.
IMG_20190527_211444748.jpg
IMG_20190527_205904944.jpg

As mentioned in the post above, I grew up on a farm in Iowa. This is an amber lager, modeled loosely after Yuengling. For the corn portion of the grain bill, we crushed corn directly out of our grain bin and did a cereal mash with it. The dark kilned malt that gives the beer its color also lends a light toasty flavor layered over the cramel malt and corn sweetness. She finishes with a faint bitterness from cascade and cluster hops for balance.

Named the the lager "God's Country" after the beautiful fertile region in which she was made, and where her ingredients come from. View attachment 629127 View attachment 629128

Nice story! From Iowa as well, takes 4 hours to mow just the acreage with a 60” Dixie chopper. Looks like some tasty brews!! Cheers!

Nice story! From Iowa as well, takes 4 hours to mow just the acreage with a 60” Dixie chopper. Looks like some tasty brews!! Cheers!

Not far from my folks it looks like, if you're in Dodge. Their farm is just south of Williams, IA, where 20 and 35 meet. We stop in at the Depot when we get over your way haha!

I'm in KC now, but I go home to brew. More space!

My first homebrew (not counting a few MrBeer type kits I did in the 90s). It is NB's block party amber ale. It has only been in the bottles for a bit over a week but it is fully carbonated and taste great. I am really looking forward to seeing how much better it will get with a few more weeks of conditioning.
first%20beer.jpg

Back