New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5275.jpg

Irish Extra Stout. Yummy!

Technically I had the one in the pic yesterday, but the one I'm having right now is just as yummy. Hefeweizen. There's a lot of stuff I love to eat, but nothing as much as the foam of my hefe.

1.jpg

Super strong scotch ale, first runnings from a parti gyle brewday. Keg close to getting kicked i think, was only 2.5gallons to start.
20180719_212013.jpeg

First attempt at a Brut IPA. Best Malz Heidelberg and Nelson SMaSH with Imperial Yeast G03 and amyloglucosidase to take 1.047 down to 1.002. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing great about it either. Dry hopped at day 3, but I really didn't expect it to be as hazy as it turned out. Needs work.

_DSC1977.jpg

First NEIPA attempt, pleased overall, esp appearance-wise. Used a balanced chloride:sulfate profile, so it has a crisper finish than most.
20180726_195558.jpeg

First attempt at a Brut IPA. Best Malz Heidelberg and Nelson SMaSH with Imperial Yeast G03 and amyloglucosidase to take 1.047 down to 1.002. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing great about it either. Dry hopped at day 3, but I really didn't expect it to be as hazy as it turned out. Needs work.

View attachment 580643

Still looks lovely! How much of the enzyme did you use and when did you add it? I have some and want to make a 5% Pilsner finishing around 1005.

View attachment 580643
I think it’s actually quite attractive. I suspect biotransformation of the hops during active fermentation is one reason for the haziness.

Latest posts

Back