New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitro's not something I'd have if it wasn't for the fact that I have lots of taps (10 total in the house) and only 2 are nitro taps. They're really not used that much but the difference is definitely noticeable. Before this I used to use the syringe trick* to make my beer really flat with a creamy head. It gave sort of the same result.

Kal

*Because someone will ask: Pour your CO2 beer, then use a syringe (no needle on the end) to suck up a bunch and force it back in, hard. Most of the carbonation will be knocked out of the beer leaving it fairly flat (like a nitro pour) with some head. It'd say you get about half way there. Not a real nitro pour but better than nothing. A video of it in action: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXL2lNFyXI[/ame]

I've done that before and it is definitely just not the same. Those pours just look so good. They call to me. They want me to make more beer and get a bigger keezer and get more taps and get stout faucets and.... well.. you get the picture.

Nelson Sauvin/Mosaic/Columbus/Simcoe IPA.

image.jpg

I may just have to look into converting one of the taps to a stout tap...
You'll need a new tank/regulator as well to feed the nitro/beer gas mix (usually 70/30 or 75/25 mix of Nitro to CO2). Nitro kegs are fed gas completely separate from CO2.

kal

Brooklyn Brewshop Sorachi Ace:
ro0bKy3l.jpg

I was amazed how clear this one turned out. I had never heard of Sorachi Ace and the flavor was quite a surprise! Weird, but good weird...

Maple Wheat Ale, from a clone brew recipe book my wife bought me:
xhp3Y1Gl.jpg

No, I'm not Andre the Giant, that's just a tasting/sampling glass. I'm actually really excited how well this turned out. Really nice flavor, reminds me of Weihenstephaner.

20160219_161003.jpg

First pour on my recently completed keezer. Brew is a SNPA clone. I couldn't wait any longer and poured at 6 days on 10psi, lacking a little carb but good overall. Bumped it to 12psi and hopefully it'll be on point in a few more days.

20160219_161003.jpg

First pour on my recently completed keezer. Brew is a SNPA clone. I couldn't wait any longer and poured at 6 days on 10psi, lacking a little carb but good overall. Bumped it to 12psi and hopefully it'll be on point in a few more days.

That keezer looks amazing from what little is in the pic. Puts my regular old white keezer to shame!

Latest posts

Back