New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Pilsner

11334000_10206867021903809_93104887279522007_o.jpg

Is this a saison? also looks good, how was it?

It is an APA. I was pretty happy with how it tasted for a first attempt. Odd thing is that after a week or two in the fridge, the flavor of the bittering hops seems to be changing (not necessarily in a bad way, but different) and the aroma hops seem to be fading fast. They are there just after the pour, but you really have to hunt for them after that. It has not been all that long, either.

I plan to open my second try in a few days. It is a whole lot cloudier, and I dry-hopped the bejezus out of this one.

First pour from 1st keg. Belgian Dubbel with some orange zest. second pour was carbed but not much of a head.

1st pour.jpg

-Lawnmower braggot-
It's a little funky, but certainly drinkable.
-this is the 50/50 2nd running small beer/mead
The beer ended up being a chocolate pale with a high alpha hop stand into the mash.. I know I know.. Follow a recipe.

braggot.jpg

Sample pulled from my Braggot. Three weeks in fermenter. Brewed with Orange Blossom Honey, Citra and Lemon Drop hops and fresh Lemongrass. Going to cold crash this week and bottle next Sunday.

20150628_175504.jpg

Helluva IPA (red IPA)

QHXfKo2.jpg

ugijR26.jpg

Satisfied with this one, if not impressed. I made it a little too bitter with the hops, and it's a little darker than I wanted, but I'll take it.

The First is an IPA, my first Brew
The Second is a Brown Ale, my third brew
(I did a honey brown in between)
And just bottled an Amber

ipa.jpg

brownale.jpg

This is my Centennial Blonde (renamed "Blondes Have More Fun" - I know, very original...)

j8dGSe2.jpg

It came out a little darker than I thought (possibly due to being an extract brew, even though I added all extract at flameout?) and at this point, hasn't been in the bottle very long. I think it needs another week to absorb the CO² effectively, as there was a nice hiss when I opened the bottle but the beer was "softly" carbonated, if I may use that term.

It is, however, delicious.

:ban:

Back