New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern English Brown

image-1532528645.jpg

"Winger Ale", an AG brown Ale. So called because this was my first batch of beer ever, I did some research and just winged it. Non-beer drinking wife said it "tastes just like beer"...

image-4257446029.jpg

Not a pint, but.... It's a black and tan with my Oatmeal Stout and my IIPA. Wow, very tasty. Can I get a trademark on Black IIPA? :mug:....

DarkIIPA.jpg

Rhubarb Wheat, coming along nicely, 10 days conditioning, needs another week at least. Sweeter than I expected but delicious!

rhub1.jpg

tasting notes on that blackstrap porter please! Holiday perfect I suspect.
:D

tasting notes on that blackstrap porter please! Holiday perfect I suspect.
:D

Holiday perfect indeed... here are the tasting notes! PM me for the recipe if you think this is up your alley.

ABV: 5.2%

Appearance: Pours almost black, really dark and opaque with a little ruby shimmer around the edges. Head is creamy tan, very thick and dense. Head retention is pretty decent, and a thin layer of foam remains until the end of the drink. Lacing is good to very good (see image). Love the way this thing looks 5

Aroma: Loads of dark chocolate and some malty roastiness. 5

Taste: Very complex. Again chocolate is the dominant flavour with some malty roastiness and coffee. There is a noticeable molasses tang that I really like that lingers towards the finish. Molasses sweetness is nicely balanced with hoppy bittnerness and chocolate, so not overpowering at all. Finish has a nice spiciness to it. It's pretty clean overall, but will be better with some age on it. 4

Mouth Feel: Head imparts a very impressive creaminess which is present to a lesser extent in the body. Plenty of carbonation, but bubbles are small and unobtrusive, giving this a very smooth texture. Not grainy at all. There is a slight astringency in the finish that leaves my mouth wanting another sip. This stuff is way too easy to drink a lot of in a hurry. 5

Overall Impression: I'm surprised at how well this turned out. It looks nice, smells nice and is really nice to drink. It's very very sessionable and I have a feeling alot of this will be comsumed over the holidays! 4.5

My first "real", New England cider was served on the rocks. It was one of the best weekends, ever and enjoying this simple product in this simple way brings excellent memories.

Crappy cell phone pics, but here goes:

Stout
Stout.jpg

IPA
IPA.jpg

Apfelwein - In this pic, it was only 6 weeks old. It's been bottle conditioning ever since and is delicious!
Apfelwein.jpg

can I play too?

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

My Celebratory Ale on the Left and the SN Celebration Ale on the right.

I think I nailed the color, but I am lacking that Hop Nose and Hop Bitterness of the SNCA..

SWMBO thought my beer was the SNCA and the SNCA was mine. she liked the smell and taste of my home brew compared to the SNCA. she's not a Hop Head like me.

-=Jason=-

My first whole grain brew. Belgian Style Ale. Hard to find brewing supplies in China!

Well that sucks. Can you have them shipped in?

The answer is to brew as many as you can, get them hooked and open your own brew supply. Think of all of the customers!!

Back