New Midwest Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcclainm24

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently got into home brewing after about a year of thinking/researching about it. I just brewed my first batch (Midwest - Irish Red Ale) which is currently sitting in the secondary. If you are curious to learn more about my home brewing experience you can go to my blog.

www.pier60brewing.tumblr.com

:mug:

Welcome aboard... nice blog.

I have no experiance with Midwest. Red Ale & I however are very well aquainted....and several versions of stout.... and cream of three crops...

Thanks! I am a huge stout guy! I am either going to make a stout or Blonde Ale next depending on which fall into the fermentation range of my apartment (Avg. 72 F).

Thanks! I am a huge stout guy! I am either going to make a stout or Blonde Ale next depending on which fall into the fermentation range of my apartment (Avg. 72 F).

Put your fermentor in a tub and wrap it in a towel and keep it wet... depending on the humiditiy in your apt. you can lower your temp signifcantly by evaporation of water off the towel.

Back