New in WV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJinWV

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few months. I finally registered a few days ago to ask a question that I hadn't found in all my lurking. Of course right after I registered, I found the answer. :rockin:

Anyway, I little background, since you asked - thirtysomething IT professional in West Virginia. I've always wanted to brew, and have had a few friends in the hobby for a while, but SWMBO and myself "agreed" (in other words, she said it, and it was so) that I didn't have room, time, or extra money for a new hobby due to the requirements of my first hobby (jeepin' - the 'TJ' in my name comes from the jeep, not my actual name).

Fast forward a few years. My father-in-law has a condo in Naples, FL. Last year about this time, he took my wife and her two sisters on a family vaca, while I stayed home with the two boys. Another year later, they start planning the trip again. I'm a born-and-raised country boy, so don't care to go to the beach, particularly when all the snowbirds are there. She asked what I wanted in return - I (half joking) said a homebrew kit. She agreed!

So now I've got a Williams Brewery with a red ale kit and a Walmart turkey fryer ready to get fired up Friday afternoon for my first batch! This place has already answered every question I've had, and I haven't even had to ask. Hopefully in time I'll be knowledgeable enough to contribute.

Drink on :mug:
-Dan

Welcome Aboard! Best of luck with that first batch... the hardest part is waiting for the bottled stuff to finish conditioning. :tank:

Hey, fellow WVian! Thanks for the welcome.
The hardest part so far is waiting until Friday - I want to just take today and/or tomorrow off and brew now! :D

welcome to hbt that makes 4 from wv i know of good luck with your batch

Yep. I'd get a lot more done if I didn't have to work this pesky job! :D

Hey, fellow WVian! Thanks for the welcome.
The hardest part so far is waiting until Friday - I want to just take today and/or tomorrow off and brew now! :D

welcome to hbt that makes 4 from wv i know of good luck with your batch

Thanks!

So do you guys by anything locally? I know there's a guy in Nutter Fort that's only open on Fridays or something. Slight Indulgence in Morgantown is supposed to have a few things, but I've never been in the store due to bad "reviews" from friends. Anywhere else?

Thanks!

So do you guys by anything locally? I know there's a guy in Nutter Fort that's only open on Fridays or something. Slight Indulgence in Morgantown is supposed to have a few things, but I've never been in the store due to bad "reviews" from friends. Anywhere else?

Just posted this in another posting for you, apparently you already knew:tank:

the spirits shop in nutter fork by grandmas house sells supplies plus in elkins homebrew hollow at good energy foods 100 3rd st has supplies i think both are open mon thur sat.

Back