New Hood Setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopinfusion

Reaction score
Good evening,

Thought I'd post a pic of my sweet new hood. Trying to up my brewing game and I couldn't afford a custom or any other stainless hood. The beautiful piece of engineering in the picture is above my Anvil electric kettle. I have yet to do a boil test but the fan seems to evacuate a lot of air!

Not quite ready to show more pics yet but the idea is to have a sink to the left of the kettle and stove/HLT to the right. Hopefully the first brew will be in the next 4-6 weeks!

Cheers, everyone!

Attachments

• hopinfusion_hood_pic_beta_1.jpg
    hopinfusion_hood_pic_beta_1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I used some gloss white kitchen/bath/plumbing caulk on the inner seams. There are 3/4" wood screws holding the PVC board to the 1x3 boards - and then on the corners the wood boards are screwed to each other with yellow deck screws. Was planning on more structural reinforcement like putting some pvc pieces on the outside of the wood frame, and may still do so -- but now that the thing is hanging on nylon rope from the ceiling and the fan is attached it feels pretty solid. The fan is attached with plastic straps so between that and the nylon rope support it seems relatively quiet upstairs too! It is 4' wide, 3' deep, 2' high in the back and 1' high in the front.

Attachments

• hopinfusion_hood_pic_beta_2.jpg
    hopinfusion_hood_pic_beta_2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back