new here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polk121

Reaction score
Hi new to this forum and also new to brewing. Im from iowa.
Any suggestions on getting started. What is the best start up kit out there. Ive seen so many I dont know which way to go. Looking for something that doent cost to much. Also can you use some stuff that is just laying around the house?
thanks in advance

A lot of the stuff from around the house you can use, just make sure it is food grade, clean, sterile, and you may want to co-opt it for brewing exclusively. I'm a big fan of all the equipment kits from midwest. They seem to be the cheapest and have everything you need (except a boil pot). Welcome to the boards

Welcome. The best way to get started is reading John Palmer's How to Brew. Available for free here.

After that I recommend picking up a starter kit at your local homebrew shop or from a reputable online shop such as Northern Brewer or Austin Homebrew (those are the two I use).

You've also made a step in the right direction by finding this board. The folks here are a great resource as is the community developed wiki (which I recommend you check out).

Welcome again, and good luck!

Latest posts

Back