New from Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFubar

Reaction score
Just joined the forum to get back up to speed on brewing. Almost 20yrs ago I was introduced to brewing beer and now have the time to start again. I have a batch of IPA in the primary right now, looking forward to my first batch. Anyone else from Tennessee or N. Georgia? :mug:

Greetings and welcome, DrFu.....east TN here, maybe 20 or 30 minutes (depending on if I or my wife is driving ;) ) south of Knoxville...got back into it after maybe 13 years or so....used to make a lot of beer and a couple meads...concentrating on meads this go 'round :cool

Greetings and welcome, DrFu.....east TN here, maybe 20 or 30 minutes (depending on if I or my wife is driving ;) ) south of Knoxville...got back into it after maybe 13 years or so....used to make a lot of beer and a couple meads...concentrating on meads this go 'round :cool

Never had a mead. I guess it's base is honey?

Hey, all. I'm currently living near Houston but my wife and I just bought some property in Kingston and are planning to move in 1-3 years. I take it there's a good homebrew/craft brew culture in the Knoxville area??

Hey, all. I'm currently living near Houston but my wife and I just bought some property in Kingston and are planning to move in 1-3 years. I take it there's a good homebrew/craft brew culture in the Knoxville area??

I'm new to it but it's starting to look that way...

Yes it gaining popularity in Knoxville not a lot of places to buy supplies but the couple there is are really knowledgeable

So are there homebrew supply shops handy to Knoxville or is it order online only?

There are 2 homebrew supply shops in Knoxville both have everything you need and both have good prices

Yeah...sorry, sawman1y. Missed your earlier post otherwise I wouldn't have asked. LOL. Thanks.

I want to grow my own hops once I get moved in. What are some varieties that do well in the Knoxville area?

Back