New England Grain Buy January 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question;
About the splits is a 5 gallon bucket large enough to hold a 1/2 split? I think you mentioned a small HD/Lowes pail for the 1/4 splits.

Depends if it is a 50 or 55# bag. I find that you can just fit a 50# bag into 2 homer buckets with gamma seal lids. 1/2 of a 55# bag will require another container to fit some overflow into.

OK, I added 5 more columns on the far right of the order sheet. Hopefully that will be enough to close this buy out!

Go ahead and add your orders, and let me know if you see any problems.

I added a split of Break Brite. Works killer for kettle fining. One tab per 10 gallons. Get in on it while you can.

Does it work much better than whirlfloc? I have so much whirlfloc and just drop them in and don't think twice- Id love to find a better product.
Great job on the group buy by the way.
Thanks---

I think it is similar. I whirlpool after the boil and always get a nice tight cone of trub. My thought is if you have whirlfloc I wouldn't buy more. The Break Brite tabs are bigger that I know.

Ok great-
Me too with the whirlpool--- I love to see that cone- I tweaked my dip tube in just the right spot.. I brewed today...and still wanna brew tomorro!

11 to go as of this AM with a half split of Marris otter and a quarter split of rice hulls (i think) to be closed out!

My bad the spreadsheet may not have updated on my phone. I'm pretty stoked. Gotta figure out storage. Got a cool place but not so dry in the summer even with the dehumidifier running.

Hey guys and gals. The buy is closed. I will work on getting the pricing correct for everything. That might take me a couple days once I do that I will post in the forum. We are going to use PayPal once again. If I can get things figured out I might do Square Pay also.

I'd be interested in a couple of sacks of 2row, MO, or pils if anyone bought more than they realized.

Not sure if it was my mistake, or someone accidentally edited my column, but I apparently am signed up for .25 and .5 of C-60. Does anyone want either one of the amounts?

Okay, yeah I saw you had already signed up for some, so if you don't want it dont feel obligated! Either way, I will consider it my blunder

Hey all the sheet is all set. We are going to be using the PayPal as normal. When you send the PayPal send it as payments owed also only put your HBT Username in the comments. Don't put paying for grain or anything else other then your HBT Username. My PayPal address is donovan at dtrbrewery.com. Just get rid of the spaces and swap out at for @ and you have it. Please make sure to check the thread for the pick up time and location.

On the locked-in pricing sheet for splits, I noticed a couple of problems. The BZ sacks are listed as 50# instead of 55#. I also noticed that my order for a 1/2 sack of Dark Munich does not show up in the zipster222 column. As a consequence, I think that you are undercharging me as well as the other BZ splitters.

Guys and gals please hold off on sending payments until we can get the sheet issues sorted. Those that have paid should be good since they didn't have splits.

New brewer here from Westford, MA. Love that there is a forum for us massholes. I'm bummed I missed out on this buy. Did anyone purchase more DME than they need? I'm interested in buying some off of you if so.

New brewer here from Westford, MA. Love that there is a forum for us massholes. I'm bummed I missed out on this buy. Did anyone purchase more DME than they need? I'm interested in buying some off of you if so.

Welcome! Don't worry, we've been holding them fairly regularly. Just subscribe to this thread and we can post in it when the new one opens up in a few months.

Guys and gals please hold off on sending payments until we can get the sheet issues sorted. Those that have paid should be good since they didn't have splits.

On that note, please don't send any money to Donovan until all errors are checked and fixed.

I would advise everyone to check their individual orders and make sure they are right. I will send out PMs to each person with their totals once we are ready. Just please check HBT at least once a day so we can make sure we dont have people holding up the order.

Checked my order looks like I'm down for Maris otter not golden promise? I don't want to F#$k with it ,not a huge deal if it can't be changed but I don't want to screw anything up at this point:D

Back