New dude From Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmenbor

Reaction score
I am figuring to brew me up some imported style beers in the near future, as I can't buy any around these parts. Love the German styles but am also fond of English ales. Will try to use this site for educational purposes as I am completely new to this.

Ar you aware of the current legal status of brewing in Alabama? Don't want you to get in any trouble. Hopefully the laws will change soon. I'm originally from Mobile.

Oh yes, I know technically it's illegal here in Bama. I think you should be OK as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, such as trying to sell it or having wild parties, or giving it to minors. Anything such as that where the law could connect you with trouble brewing from something else. Otherwise, it is pretty quiet here here where we live. I plan on brewing for personal use only, to get special types of beers not available around here. As far as the law changing here in Alabama yes, that will eventually happen but, I wouldn't count on it too soon. By the way, I was raised in Mobile. Moved away about ten years ago and now enjoy the peace and quiet living here on the bank of the Conecuh River. I will retire in a few months and plan on just sitting here on my back pourch enjoying a beer and catching some catfish.

Welcome

Call or email your legislators and ask them to vote for HB9 and SB171.

It only takes a minute...

Oh yes, I know technically it's illegal here in Bama. I think you should be OK as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, such as trying to sell it or having wild parties, or giving it to minors. Anything such as that where the law could connect you with trouble brewing from something else. Otherwise, it is pretty quiet here here where we live. I plan on brewing for personal use only, to get special types of beers not available around here. As far as the law changing here in Alabama yes, that will eventually happen but, I wouldn't count on it too soon. By the way, I was raised in Mobile. Moved away about ten years ago and now enjoy the peace and quiet living here on the bank of the Conecuh River. I will retire in a few months and plan on just sitting here on my back pourch enjoying a beer and catching some catfish.

What part of Mobile? I grew up on Bay front road...literally on the Bay.

Oh man...over the decades I've lived all over Blip City and surrounding areas. Chatham Street to Birdville, then to Sutton Ave at Garrow's Bend (all that is gone now). Then to Semmes until I got a lil Apt on Airport, then got married and lived about 20 years in Saraland. Then to San Antonio for awhile (oh yeah, loved that place). Then about 10 years ago my lil wife wants to move back near her home, which is Red Level. So, here I'm is in the metroplex of Gantt. Life is quiet here, real slow paced and laid back. For many years I was one of Pop Radney's boys until I went back to school. Bayfront Road, oh yeah. Used to gig for doormats there in the 70's. So yeah...from around 1955 until ten years ago Mobile was my home. Originally from Southside Chicago though, I ain't got no Alabama name. As for my hometown, that's Mobile.

Latest posts

Back