New brewer in Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogwild

Reaction score
Hello folks; I just got my oldest son a kit and extras for Christmas. Today we finally got around to making our first extract batch. We are very fortunate to have a beer and wine making B&M within 10 miles of us. My other interests are riding an 01 Softail, 2 Chevelle SS, collecting and trading knives, guns, shooting. My son is the beer drinker as I gave up all drinking years ago. He has developed a pretty fine palate for premium and micro-brews. We have both read several of the recommended books I bought on Amazon. I look forward to learning much here. Looks like a great forum. Thanks, Greg

Welcome.

I'm fairly new myself so I can tell you with certainty that you will find a ton of info here on HBT; all you gotta do is search, read, repeat!

I think one key bit of rookie advice I'm still working on is figuring out which previously proven processes work best for me. Home brewing is a great hobby and I hope you and your son will enjoy the time spent together developing your own system.

Don't forget to go ahead and brew another batch, you don't need to wait and see how this one turns out to make more. Get different ingredients or a different kit and brew on. You can return to your initial batch to adjust it (IF needed) next time around.

Happy Brewing!

Back