New Brewer in Frisco, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncredibleMulk

Reaction score
I've spent so much time as a non-member reading HBT that I thought it was time to interact a bit! My name is Scott and I'm in Frisco, TX and I am about to brew my second batch of beer on Saturday (Samuel Adams Boston Ale Clone). While I'm brewing this, I'll be drinking my first batch of homebrew (Honey Brown Ale), popped the first bottle of that on Monday and LOVED it!

While I'm a newbie to homebrewing...I'm already hooked! I love the process and the end result! :mug:

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers!

When we drink, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all drink and go to heaven.

Thanks Bbabu!

Good to know there is someone nearby brewing! Looks like you've got some GREAT brews going! Hopefully our paths will cross!

Welcome fellow Texas brewers! Is that the Austin Homebrew Supply Honey Brown that your drinking?

I just opened the first bottles of my AHS Honey Brown too and I am very pleased with it! LOVE Austin Homwbrew Supply!

Gotta make it a point to stop by AHS next time I'm in Austin, it's been all online so far. I'm looking forward to the Boston Ale Clone I just got from them. I'm still seeking the "perfect" Honey Brown...theirs is excellent, no disappointment by any means, but I want one that's got more body to it.

I'm still seeking the "perfect" Honey Brown...theirs is excellent, no disappointment by any means, but I want one that's got more body to it.

Have you dropped by HomebrewHQ on Coit (between Beltline and Spring Valley)? They are extremely helpful - bought all my starting equipment from them... they also helped me out when I made the switch over to AG.

I have been down to HomebrewHQ, you are right, great guys and a lot of help! Unfortunately, working in Coppell and having limited time (two kids, lot's of work and such), it's just easier to order. I'd like to get down there more, I'm sure they offer a lot more knowledge than I'm taking advantage of. When I do decide to take the AG leap, I will most certainly make my way over to them. My next batch is a mini-mash from AHS. I'm very lucky to have a coworker who is an avid homebrewer, he helps me a lot.

HBHQ is a very helpful shop, and they stock a lot of specialty grains. Their leaf hops inventory is not very deep but they keep a lot of pellets. I do wish their pellets were sealed in vacuum bags. Both of their grain mills are pretty loose and worn, even they recommend running the grain through twice (doesn't help much). The guys are great, though. I just wish they would step up their equipment a tad. There is also a beer/wine making store in Ft Worth but I have not been there yet. I have made several orders with AHS and they were top notch, their store is amazing to walk through.

Back