New Brewer from Olympia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clumzi

Reaction score
Just saying hello, I have a few questions I'll post. Nice to say hello :).

In the way of background, I've been brewing for a little over a year now. I've had GREAT success with barley wine and the Dogfish clone Indian Brown Ale I'm drinking right now :). Some very fun failures include a Breve wine (thats right, milk wine with coffee... yuck) and some maple syrup wine that tastes like weak grain alcohol. I've tried a few hopless brews and have a juniper yarrow coffee chocolate stout idea that I'm waiting to get some money to put together. Right now I've got a Piraat clone going and... just plans at this point :). Last summer was the 60 gallon hard apple cider fiasco which kept me and mine drunk for a LONG time but that work is for someone else this year.

Anywho, hello! -nick

Hi, Nick! Nice to meet you. I am just down the road from you. You sound like you have had some crazy brew experiences. I am just a beginner. So far, I have an oatmeal stout under my belt and a Belgian wit in the fermenter. The oatmeal stout is just about done conditioning. So far, it isn't what I expected it to be... I am not ready to call it bad yet though. :)

Anyway, as I am sure you know, this place is an awesome resource! Welcome!

Nice to see local folks that are PROMPT! Holy Cow. Shelton is nice and close, I'd love to trade brews at some point. Stanwood is a ways, but nice to brewers close by... not surprising though in this corner of the country.

Latest posts

Back