New brewer from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tayclem

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been brewing for a few months, and I was looking for more info/ideas.

Mostly, I've been doing extract brewing (I used steeping grains for just one batch), but I'd like to start dipping my toes into the partial mash/all-grain pool.

My favorite brews are IPAs, Double IPAs, and Irish Stouts.

I've been trying to develop a citrus/mint Weiss style for spring, but I just can't seem to get any of the batches right. My white whale, if you will.

I hope I can learn enough to finally nail this recipe lol

Northern Ohio. Almost smack in the middle between Toledo and Cleveland.

Yeah, I'm about 30 minutes south of Sandusky. I haven't been to Cedar Point in a long time though; not much of a rollercoaster fan lol.

I didn't know there was a brewery up there. Did it just open, or am I a terrible local? :p

I'm over in Sheffield myself,between Lorain & Avon,North of Elyria. The Giant Eagle on the corner of Rts 254 & 301 from me has one hell of a beer cooler. Lots of craft beers,lambics,imports,etc. My son kinda liked the one on Catawba island. Haven't been their yet myself.

Yeah, I'm about 30 minutes south of Sandusky. I haven't been to Cedar Point in a long time though; not much of a rollercoaster fan lol.

I didn't know there was a brewery up there. Did it just open, or am I a terrible local? :p
LOL. Don't know. First time I was up there was this summer. They did seem new though. They only had a few beers and they weren't selling growler fills because they ran out of beer some nights previously. And they we're trying to quickly force carb a beer and they were selling it almost flat (but explaining to people). Hopefully they've got it together a little better now.

Welcome to brewing and to the forum. I'm brewing a half barrel of APA tomorrow. I don't think you are that far away if you'd like to join me. Happy brewing fellow buckeye.

Back