New Brewer from North Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justmark54

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Mark and I live in Olive Branch, which is just south of Memphis. Yesterday was my first brew day! Everything went well, I made a German Altbeer from an extract kit. After the brew went into the fermenter and the clean-up was done, I kicked back and relaxed. It was then that SWMBO complained about the hop odor...that is actually going to work out to my advantage, more on this later. Then started thinking about the brew and noticed that the airlock wasn't bubbling yet. I read a few posts on here about waiting at least 24 hours. Well I checked this morning, it wasn't bubbling, so I looked inside and saw that there was a nice thick layer of kruetzen on top. This made me happy! I checked things this afternoon and the airlock was bubbling away. No more worries for now. Thanks for letting me ramble on about my first brew day! Cheers!

Back