New brewer from Dayton, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athos710

Reaction score
Greetings all,

After the last 2 years of listening to college friends discuss home brew, I finally pulled the trigger. Yes, I jumped on the Mr Beer kit when it showed up on Woot a few months ago. So far I have 3 batches bottle conditioning/drinking, and the 4th is in primary. I also did my first batch of mead this last weekend. I'm looking forward to expanding my brewing skills by learning more about different beer styles and different brewing techniques. I'll probably upgrade to a 5 gallon system in the future, but for now I'm using my 3 Mr Beer kegs to brew up beer.

My 4th batch was last weekend and the first that wasn't a Mr Beer kit. I really enjoyed using the grain bag to steep the specialty grains and look forward to tasting the results of my efforts.

I'm currently just absorbing info from this forum, my home brewing college friends, and the local home brew club. We are truly lucky here in Dayton to have a fantastic home brew store that friends in larger cities have told me they envy.

:mug:
-Athos

Ah, finally another Dayton brewer on the forum! Check out DRAFT brew club. For further details on them, you can check out the Belmont Party Supply website. And what home brew store would you be talking about? I've only found Belmont (they're ok but a little over priced) and the main squeeze up in Yellow Springs (haven't been there yet though). Hit me up sometime if you have any questions. I'm deployed for another 2 months, but will be brewing like crazy when I get back since I'm making the leap to all grain.

Welcome - from Dayton! I'm new too, but this board (and The Complete Joy of Home Brewing) make me feel like I could go all grain before my first batch is even done.

Belmont Party Supply is simply amazing - and they just bought the store next to them with plans on expanding their homebrew section.

Welcome - from Dayton! I'm new too, but this board (and The Complete Joy of Home Brewing) make me feel like I could go all grain before my first batch is even done.

Belmont Party Supply is simply amazing - and they just bought the store next to them with plans on expanding their homebrew section.

So does Belmont now have 3 out of the 4 shops in the plaza? If they expand, maybe they can drop their prices on some things. I'm looking into making a strawberry blonde for the better half and i can order everything from Brewmasters Warehouse for cheaper then at Belmont. I'll admit though, everything I go in there to get something, I walk out more stuff then I should and a couple bottles of brew :ban:

So does Belmont now have 3 out of the 4 shops in the plaza? If they expand, maybe they can drop their prices on some things. I'm looking into making a strawberry blonde for the better half and i can order everything from Brewmasters Warehouse for cheaper then at Belmont. I'll admit though, everything I go in there to get something, I walk out more stuff then I should and a couple bottles of brew :ban:

Yup - and Grandma Virgie's Pies went OOB, so they may eventually run the whole thing. If their higher prices keep them afloat with supplies and their retarded good craft selection, I'm fine with it.

Back