• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois NEW 8-gallon MegaPot 1.2 w/ ball valve and thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
8 Gal. MegaPot 1.2™ Brew Kettle

Brand new, never used, only taken out of the box. I haven't even mounted the ball valve or thermometer.

I bought this hastily while it was on sale, not realizing how far the thermometer probe sticks out into the kettle (about 3.5 inches). Since I do BIAB, this would snag my grain bag. Unfortunately, return shipping will be prohibitively expensive. Dumb mistake on my part.

I bought it for $195, shipped, so I'm just looking to sell it for that to recoup my costs. At regular price, this kettle is $229.99 plus $10.92 shipping.

I'm in Chicago, in Ravenswood/Lincoln Square.

00s0s_gGLy0CqqlD1_600x450.jpg

Not to steal anyone's bargain, but you could adapt it with weldless stainless conduit pieces. Either plug the hole or add an extension to move the thermometer out a bit. <shrug>

Not to steal anyone's bargain, but you could adapt it with weldless stainless conduit pieces. Either plug the hole or add an extension to move the thermometer out a bit. <shrug>

I'm definitely considering just plugging the hole if it comes down to it. Good thinking.

plug it or put a whirlpool port in there. I have a side angled whirlpool port in my 7 gallon and haven't had any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the 10g version with the temperature probe exactly as you have it. No problems whatsoever. I know exactly where the probe is, never snag it removing the bag. A spoon or mash paddle when I pull the bag sees to that. The Megapot is a really good pot IMO. Looks like a great bargain for whoever gets it.

Thanks for the tips, all. Guessing I'll probably just keep it; I can always take the plug out and install the thermometer, or if the thermometer gets in my way and messes with the grain bag, just plug it. I haven't seen much about temperature loss due to the extra hole, so I doubt anyone has had a serious problem with that either.
:mug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back