Nelson Sauvin IPA recipe critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luizffgarcia

Reaction score
Hey guys, i want to brew an IPA using Nelson for the first time this weekend, so i have just created a simple recipe and i could use some feedback. I have attached a screenshot from Beersmith.

My goal is to make an IPA which is not completely simple thus Munich and a little Centennial, but that will serve as a good showcase of Nelson.

I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• nelson.PNG
    nelson.PNG
    155.5 KB · Views: 119
Seeing that you are using Maris Otter, Munich is not needed. I would cut the recipe to just 95% Maris Otter and 5% Crystal 10L.

I would mash low for this beer. I would also try to get more Nelson into the boil, as late additions and definitely a bigger whirlpool.

Seeing that you are using Maris Otter, Munich is not needed. I would cut the recipe to just 95% Maris Otter and 5% Crystal 10L.

I would mash low for this beer. I would also try to get more Nelson into the boil, as late additions and definitely a bigger whirlpool.

Cool thanks, but bigger whirlpool addition than 20 grams for 1 gallon? I don't think i have ever tried that, wouldn't that be too much?

Back