NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevDroz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first crack at a NEIPA. Tastes pretty good and I think it looks good.

Attachments

• 20210729_144402.jpg
    20210729_144402.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 53
I apologize for the long dely in responding, my job tends to get in the way of my brewing.

As for a recipe, well, it is an extract kit from Brewers Best. I did not alter the directions at all as I plan to do another one with some slight variations.

I like trying new extract kits and following the directions to a T then making adjustments per my preference.

I apologize for the long dely in responding, my job tends to get in the way of my brewing.

As for a recipe, well, it is an extract kit from Brewers Best. I did not alter the directions at all as I plan to do another one with some slight variations.

I like trying new extract kits and following the directions to a T then making adjustments per my preference.

Soooo....

What was in the kit? :D

Extract, specialty grains, hops (and what additions)?

Did you do anything to your water? How did you ferment and package - there's a lot of discussion on bottling NEIPAs, what worked for you?

Don't think you can get away with just a quick post of a pretty beer! :bigmug:

LOL I suppose I am not getting out alive here unless I tell all.

https://www.austinhomebrew.com/assets/images/1026_neipa_recipe.pdf Here is the ingredients and brew process.

I made no variation to the brew process, I wanted to see how things would turn out. As of this point, I would brew this again with no variation to the process as I am very pleased with the results.

As for my water, I don't do anything to the water, just fill the kettle and proceed. However, I do plan on doing a side by side brew of the same kit using regular tap water and one using distilled water.

I fermented in a Catalyst Conical Fermenter for 3-4 weeks the proceeded to keg the beer and cold crash.. I prefer kegging because I would rather clean and sanitize one vessel rather than 50+ bottles lol

Oh, and one more thing, I am not sure this is relevant but I was wearing my leopard print mesh thong while brewing this beer. LOL Just trying to be thorough with my description :bigmug:

LOL I suppose I am not getting out alive here unless I tell all.

https://www.austinhomebrew.com/assets/images/1026_neipa_recipe.pdf Here is the ingredients and brew process.

I made no variation to the brew process, I wanted to see how things would turn out. As of this point, I would brew this again with no variation to the process as I am very pleased with the results.

As for my water, I don't do anything to the water, just fill the kettle and proceed. However, I do plan on doing a side by side brew of the same kit using regular tap water and one using distilled water.

I fermented in a Catalyst Conical Fermenter for 3-4 weeks the proceeded to keg the beer and cold crash.. I prefer kegging because I would rather clean and sanitize one vessel rather than 50+ bottles lol

Oh, and one more thing, I am not sure this is relevant but I was wearing my leopard print mesh thong while brewing this beer. LOL Just trying to be thorough with my description :bigmug:

Nice! You'll have to try a split batch with different attire to see which you prefer :D

I prefer to brew in a shiny silver thong and 1 white cotton sock, and nothing else. Helps the flavor of the beer...

Latest posts

Back