Need Wiring help! Building FERM chiller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastido

Reaction score
Hi, all.

Ok, I am in the process of building my chiller. I need some help wiring a digital thermostat to a 12V power supply and computer fan. Anyone with electrical exp. out there?

Also, I have a question about the thermostat. How does it get the temperature reading from inside the chiller? Do I need a separate thermometer to go to the thermostat? I'm just unclear on a lot of things!!

Thermostat: Honeywell RTH221B
Computer Fan: Thermaltake Thunderblad 80mm
Power Supply: Enercell 12VDC . 1.5A AC - to - DC Power Adapter

Thanks!!

Why are you trying to hook up a thermostat to a 12v power supply and computer fan ?
There should be two terminals on the fan that you hook up the wires from the power supply to. You will probably have to cut the end off of the cord from the power supply, split them, and strip them back a bit.

As for the thermostat, thete is a lead coming from it that goes into the fridge/freezer. It's a long, thin, bare wire, with a larger piece at the end.

Ummm....... I'm not going to explain why I am hooking up a fan and thermostat to a power supply. I figured that would be a given!! Anyways, can anyone else help me?

There is no lead wire with the thermostat. I can get the power supply to power the fan easily, but it's a no go for the thermostat.

Latest posts

Back