need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tielson's

Reaction score
I am currently making some hard cider, this is my first batch ever. It has been in the primary for almost 2 months and I am almost ready to bottle it. I bought some priming sugar to carbonate it a little bit as well. My questions are after i boil the sugar in some water and mix the two in another carboy how long should i wait to bottle it? and also whats a good way to sanatize bottles??? thank you much.

You prime it when you bottle it- in other words, add the priming solution to the carboy, rack the cider into it and bottle immediately.

Sanitizing bottles is easy- clean them first and then sanitize by using a no-rinse sanitizer. I use one-step. You can dunk the bottles in the solution, filling them up, in a sink or a bucket. I started using something called a vinator which squirts the sanitizer into the bottle. Then I just stick them on a bottling tree while I do the reast.

Another method to sanitize is if you have a dishwasher with a sanitize cycle, you can simply rinse your bottles out really well with plain water and then set them in the dishwasher (without soap) and run the sanitize cycle with a heated dry.

Back