Need Recipe Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublebogey10

Reaction score
Was just informed that we're hosting family for holidays this year. I'm a bit of a hophead so the bulk of my current or soon-to-brew beer is IPAs and hoppy pales.
I'm looking for some recipe suggestions to balance that out. Thinking something along the lines of a malt-forward amber, a brown or a sessionable porter. Just something less hoppy and more malty.
Anyone have a suggestion on a go-to recipe for something like that? Thanks!
:mug:

Was just informed that we're hosting family for holidays this year. I'm a bit of a hophead so the bulk of my current or soon-to-brew beer is IPAs and hoppy pales.
I'm looking for some recipe suggestions to balance that out. Thinking something along the lines of a malt-forward amber, a brown or a sessionable porter. Just something less hoppy and more malty.
Anyone have a suggestion on a go-to recipe for something like that? Thanks!
:mug:

I hate to bring up my own recipes, but I have a Fat Squirrel clone posted that I really like. It's not roasty enough to be a stout, and it's not hoppy enough to be an American brown- and that seems to fit a lot of people's taste.

Yooper, that looks tasty.
I imagine that doesn't require along fermentation, huh? Three weeks and keg?

Thanks, Yooper.
Brewed this a little over three weeks ago. Well, not exactly this but pretty close. Used MO instead of Pils. Added a bit of brown malt.
Kegged on Saturday and drew the first few pints earlier today with all of my in-laws starting to get into town. Has been well-recieved thus far.

2013-12-24-144316-61683.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Latest posts

Back