Need quick advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malichaidog

Reaction score
50 minutes left in my Sierra Nevada extract clone. Doing a 4 gallon boil with a late LME addition of 2/3 of the LME. Recipe has 2oz of boil hops, and 2oz of cascade aroma last 5 min of boil. I'm thinking of keeping 1oz of the cascade hops out and dry hopping in a secondary. Is it even worth doing that? Will it help

Sounds good to me. I tried dryhopping on the Amber Ale that I am drinking right now. The aroma is incredible. An alternative is to follow the recipe. Then you have 2+ weeks to decide about dry hopping. BTW you don't have to secondary to dry hop. I use strainer bags in the primary. Pack them loose.

kh54s10 said:
Sounds good to me. I tried dryhopping on the Amber Ale that I am drinking right now. The aroma is incredible. An alternative is to follow the recipe. Then you have 2+ weeks to decide about dry hopping. BTW you don't have to secondary to dry hop. I use strainer bags in the primary. Pack them loose.

To clarify Recipe calls for 2oz of cascade for aroma hops last 5 min. I was gonna only throw in 1oz and save the other to dry hop with. I use a sterilized muslin bag to dry hop in the secondary. I like to do that to clarify the beer and so I can wash yeast from the primary.

Latest posts

Back