Need Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxkling

Reaction score
Ive promised my wife I would make her a beer that she would like. She likes sweetwater blue, but I cannot seem to find a good clone. She doesn't like wheat beer, so the blueberry ale works out well. This is the recipe Ive come up with and just looking for some opinions on it before I brew it.

2.5G Batch 3.5G Boil
1.75lbs Pale 2 Row(US)
1.75lbs Pale 6 Row
.5lbs Flaked Corn
.25lbs Crystal 10
.25lbs Carapils

.25oz Hallertauer @60
.25oz Hallertauer @30
.50oz Hallertauer @10
.50oz Williamette @Flameout

wyeast 1056

OG 1.048 FG 1.012 SRM 3.9 IBU 23.7

Rack beer on top of priming sugar and blueberry extract @ bottling.

Not sure on my mash temperature.... Might shoot for around 153. Single Infusion Batch Sparge

Anyone have opinions or maybe a recipe that might work out better? When I extract brewed I attempted to make my own recipe and it didn't turn out to well so just looking for a little help.

Also if anyone would suggest different hops that might work better with the blueberry flavor. My other choice would be bittering hops Pearle and aroma hops saaz.

I wouldn't have any late hop additions either. Personally, I'd want to do everything possible to get the blueberry aroma to stand out...maybe 60, 30, & 15 additions. I used EKG, Liberty, & Willamette in my raspberry brown & it came out great! It sounds like you're aiming for something lighter than a brown though.

Back