Need Norwegian beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Atom87

Reaction score
For new years this year each family member has a country to bring alcoholic drink and food similar to Epcot at Disney. I have Norway and was wondering if there is a good store bought beer that is readily available

For new years this year each family member has a country to bring alcoholic drink and food similar to Epcot at Disney. I have Norway and was wondering if there is a good store bought beer that is readily available
You can brew a Kveik based beer in 3 days.

I've seen Nogne at the bottle shop, if you have a store with a really good selection they might have some.

You don't say what country you are in, but in the UK Lervig and Nøgne Ø are pretty easy to get hold of, and I see Beerhawk (part of ABI) have started carrying Haandbryggeriet and Amundsen as well, so they may be getting into other parts of the ABI empire.

I live in Jacksonville FL
Have you called around? ;)
Or change plans to bring Aquavit (Akvavit, or Akevitt in Norwegian). Can't go wrong there. ;)

Alternatively, or additionally, if you can source a Kveik yeast you can still brew and serve...
2 club members did so at last year's campout. Brewed a Pale Ale Wednesday afternoon, left keg with fermenting beer with a black bag over it in bright sunshine for 2-3 days. Cold crashed Saturday and served that evening. Tasted great!

Plan to go look around on Thurs. do most liquor stores sell aquavit or you think will be hard to find?
Not sure about availability where you live, but better stores should have it stocked. I'd call around first...

Aquavit (and its many regional spellings and pronunciations) is a Scandinavian Vodka, often flavored, but not necessarily.
Here's some decent, general information: Akvavit - Wikipedia

Back