Need Idea For Picnic Tap Rig -Outside Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffster

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm putting a corny keg of Apfelwein in a garbage can, putting a hole in the lid for the CO2 line and a picnic tap line.

This is for an outside party.

I'm trying to figure out a simple holder for the picnic tap instead of just laying it on top of the lid.

We've invited about 65 people and this will be in a beer tent next to my rolling kegerator.

I want it to look decent but I don't have much time to build something elaborate.

Looking for simple yet classy solution.

I think in one of the BYO issues someone used pvc to make a little holder for the tap and a post for cups. I'll see if I can find it.

Attach a small magnet to the faucet and a steel washer to the keg?

Try using a shorter (2") hose and less pressure. The tap can be above the lid, next to the edge.

I use this all the time in the fridge/kegerator.

Any issues with foam due to the short line?

What connection did you use from hose to disconnect?

Nice Pictures! I have attached a picture of my keg.

I am FOR anything that works. You appear to have something that works. Declare victory and don't mess with it.

No issues with foam with the short-short hose. Currently, permo's Scotch Ale is on tap, which doesn't require a lot of CO2. I must also say that this is my "on deck" keg, which is waiting to get into the keezer with a proper 6' line and a Perklick SS tap.

This setup might depend on temperature (32F). I adjust the pressure downward from the usual 5-7psi. YMMV. The key to a good pour is to not be half-hearted about it - open the tap fully until the glass is full, then stop. Anything in-between ensures a partial glass of foam.

Cheers, mate. :mug:

DSC_0506.jpg

Back