Need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chigger62

Reaction score
I've not yet gotten really serious about home brewing, but I have done a few batches from kits, mainly the Mr. Beer kits. Just recently purchased a new whole grain kit, it is the black series by shift3, a one gallon pale ale kit. My problem is I need the instruction booklet, lol. Anyone have one or know where I can get it.

Should be fairly easy..Heat up 2QTs of water to about 170F, pour grains in, stir and maintain a temperature of 150-155 for 60 minutes,during the 60 minutes stir the grains occasionally so they all get saturated and all possible sugars can be extracted, during this time warm up in another kettle another QT of water to 170 degrees, after 60 minutes drain liquid(now called wort) into another kettle(recommend using a fine mesh strainer to collect the grains),with grain in strainer over kettle you collected the wort in gently pour your pre-heated water through the grains..place the now 1G of wort back onto the heat and bring to a boil, it will froth so watch for boil over and lower temp down to maintain a 'rolling boil' for 45-60 minutes..Add the hops during this time frame with about 30 minutes remaining in the boil..At the end of the 45-60 minute boil remove from heat and quickly chill the wort to 70F by placing the kettle in the sink with ice water..Once wort is cooled, using a funnel pour the wort into your 1 gallon jug, top off with water to the 1 gallon mark and then vigorously shake the jug to aerate the wort(yeast need the oxygen to begin doing their thing)..Toss in your yeast, put the top on with airlock and place in dark cool place..After 2 weeks enjoy! :)

Latest posts

Back