Need Help with my Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rizman460

Reaction score
My beer is in the Keg and the PSI on the CO2 is 18 and has been for the last week but I can get it to force the beer out but it is not carbonated.

Is my issue that the nippled on the keg is bad and even though it shows 18 psi it is not?

What could I try to resolve my beer problem.

What size and length of line are you using for the beer out line? It is possible that the beer is just not fully carbed up yet. What temperature are you keeping the beer at?

Many questions need answered before you can pinpoint your problem.

If the beer is being dispensed from the keg, it will most likely be one of the issues above.

Salute! :mug:

I have a 5 foot line that I got from the beer store. The Co2 side is about 1.5 feet. They measured it for me both ends.

Only foams near the end of a pint. It is like I have foam and flat beer not the two mixed. Even if I let it run for a couple of glasses it is not carbonated.

I thought if I turn on the gas I should get a faster pour which I do so it blew my theory that the in side of the Co2 on the keg was only letting in so much gas.

Thanks for the advice

Do you possibly have a leak that is letting the C02 out of the keg instead of pressurizing your beer properly, is the gauge going down?

just wait two more weeks. my beer usually takes 3weeks to carb up

Back