need help with economics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
Im working on a midterm and getting totally frustrated.... Im not looking for an answer but if someone can help me figure it out id appreciate it.

A Korean BBQ restaurant has four workers for washing jobs: Dane, June, Park, and Pola. Each works eight hours a day and can produce two washing services: washing rice bowls and washing grill racks. In an hour, Dane can either wash 50 rice bowls or wash 50 grill racks; June can either wash 70 rice bowls or wash 50 grill racks; Park can either wash 100 rice bowls or wash 50 grill racks; and Pola can either wash 50 rice bowls or wash 70 grill racks.
Graph the production possibilities frontier over one day for this restaurant. In the graph, you must identify the points where transfer of a worker from one job to another starts to take place, by showing the coordinates of the points. In answering this question, you must take into account the fact that every worker works eight hours a day.

yes, i believe that is part of what he is asking
all four people can spend the entire shift washing rice bowls or all four people can spend the entire shift washing grill racks. I need to figure out how to plot this and then at which point maximum efficiency is reached.

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/...bilities/v/production-possibilities-frontier#!

Shows how to plot a graph with this data. You need to build a table showing your possibilities based on a combination of your workers skills. This will give you the points along your curve. anything on your curve is optimal.

Not sure how you can't figure out maximum efficiency unless you know how many of each item need to be washed.

i need to keg and i told myself i would finish this first, i want to through the damn computer...lol

I read through the original post hoping that it was a joke, but there wasn't a punch line at the end! Sorry dude, homework sucks!

The answer to your question is..

Lay em all off and replace with migrant workers. They work much more efficiently than Dane, June, Park, and Pola combine and do it for half price without complaints.

You might, for example, start by considering the two extreme cases of production, where everybody does all one thing or all the other. That will give you two orienting points on your graph.

I read through the original post hoping that it was a joke, but there wasn't a punch line at the end! Sorry dude, homework sucks!

lol, i figured it out and the when i went to keg all my kegs were dirty,,,oh well guess ill do it next weekend... thanks for the help guys

Back