Need help with a Kenmore 12702

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulotaur

Reaction score
I bought one from Sears based on a web customer service guy telling me the temperature could be adjusted. Got it and the dial knob will only allow the temperature up to 0F. Called Sears and explained what I needed. They told me I would have to have someone from 800-4-MYHOME come out. When the guy got there, he said it was against company policy-spoiled food, blame Sears for it, etc.

Does (or has) anyone had success using the coarse adjustment screw for a newer 12702? This thread suggests that it is possible: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=249612. Or should I purchase an external temperature controller? If so, I was thinking an Inkbird ITC-308S. Good...bad...indifferent?

I do not plan on making this a into a keezer for beer, or at least not yet. I need something to cold stabilize wine. I have used my garage during the winter in the past. But, this winter has not been consistent enough to do the trick. And I would like to be able to cold stabilize new wines year-round. There will also be extra room around the carboy to store a few bottles of beer or wine. ;)

Thanks in advance for your help.

My vote would be to introduce a external temp controller, its a twenty dollar problem. Plus you will easily be able to adjust your temps in the future.

Back