Need help so much foam.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I started a pineapple juice wine Monday and its gotten out of control with foam. I used some Lalvin K1-V1116 yeast and a cup of sugar a gallon and thats all I added. Anyway there is so much foam it overfilled and about 25% is on the floor and it seems to keep coming. It smells pretty good but im going to half to mop the floor and it seems like its not going to stop. Anything I can do now or next time to prevent this? Thanks

Dump it into a food safe bucket (you can get them from the deli or bakery in grocery stores- they used to hold frosting or peanut butter- NOT pickle buckets), or in two containers so you have enough headspace until things slow down. Keeping it cool (62-65F) will also help, as well as benefit the flavor of the wine.

Dump it into a food safe bucket (you can get them from the deli or bakery in grocery stores- they used to hold frosting or peanut butter- NOT pickle buckets), or in two containers so you have enough headspace until things slow down. Keeping it cool (62-65F) will also help, as well as benefit the flavor of the wine.
Are you a Pickleaphobe or something? If so, not cool. Inclusivity is where it’s at.

Haha- no I LOVE pickles. But since the pickle smell and taste doesn't come out of the bucket and transfers to whatever what is in it after, I just wanted to warn you about pickle flavored wines aren't as good as they sound.

Haha- no I LOVE pickles. But since the pickle smell and taste doesn't come out of the bucket and transfers to whatever what is in it after, I just wanted to warn you about pickle flavored wines aren't as good as they sound.
Yeah, but Pineapple Wine?:no:

Seems like some Pickle flavor might be an improvement.

Thanks ill probably just let it sit tonight and transfer tomorrow. I think its starting to settle down but if it doesn't ill go buy a bucket and transfer. I dont have a siphon though or even a carboy I just started but the apple juice had very little foam. This is my setup.

Attachments

• 0A3D0A26-1397-4136-B3F2-54478DD1BEDF.jpeg
    0A3D0A26-1397-4136-B3F2-54478DD1BEDF.jpeg
    774.9 KB · Views: 18
You are keeping the caps on too tight, I think. If you aren’t letting the co2 out it will foam up when shaken or released.

It stopped foaming completely and the foum turned into yellow slime. I drank a cup its not as bad as malt liquor but worse than beer it still has a little pineapple flavor but not much. I feel pretty drunk and I only had 5 glasses of wine 4 apple wine 1 pineapple. Im going to stick to apples. I wonder if I can give my dog apple wine I know they cant drink grapes or hops but she might be able to drink apple wine. Im not going to share though more for me lol.

Back