Need help finding conical lid seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claytr

Reaction score
I built a 14.7 gallon Stainless Steel conical, but I am unable to find a gasket for my lid. The flange dimensions are 21.2 OD and 19.9 ID. Any ideas where I can buy a seal? What do current conical owners do when their lid seal tears or wears out?

You can buy O-ring rubber cord and make any diameter you want by gluing the ends together. You can also get some 1/4" or 3/8" OD silicone tubing and create a splice by inserting a tight fitting piece of smaller diameter silicone inside both ends.

Thanks. I tried Surgical tubing and gluing the ends together with Contact cement, but it doesn't hold. I am afraid that if I insert something into the inside of tubing, that area will not compress as easily, and I will not get a good seal. Maybe a solid rubber cord will hold together better since there is more surface area.

I saw them for sale somewhere... shoot, i can't remember where.... maybe contact the guy on ebay who has the conicals and see where he gets them

Back