Need help choosing yeast for American Brown and APA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonesBally

Reaction score
I am brewing a clone of Short's Good Human's Dry-hopped Double Brown Ale, and I am also brewing a pretty standard APA with no crystal and a third of the bill pilsner and about 8% victory malt. I am looking for advice on yeast choice. I have plenty of S-05 on hand which would probably work fine, but I also will have a pseudo-pilsner that I fermented with Wyeast 1007, German Ale. I kept the ferment on the 1007 between 55-57 for the first 7 days, then up to 59. I think I've treated the yeast well and have had success with this yeast before. I have repitched before and will probably do that for the APA, but my real question is should I use the S-05 or repitch 1007 for the Double Brown Ale? Does anyone know what kind of yeast Short's uses in their beer? Any yeast suggestions other than S-05 or 1007? I have a great LHBS, so I can get pretty much any commercially available yeast strain. Any help is much appreciated.

Stones

Back