Need advice with my DIY 4 way co2 manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steber

Reaction score
Thinking about adding check valves to each of my manifold lines right after my ball valves..

This is what I currently have built:
1484105_10152930255903509_690755517922152359_n.jpg

Question A:
Anyone have a good link for these check valves? would need 4 1/8 NPT male to female check valves..

Question(advice needed) B:
I usually keg like-carbed beers.. a mix of IPA/Pale ales.. If I do the check valves would this allow me to carb at 4 different carb volumes and then serve at the same servicing pressure?

Just thinking about modding this at this point, really just looking for feedback from anyone who's made their own manifolds. Thanks guys!:rockin:

Thinking about adding check valves to each of my manifold lines right after my ball valves..

1/8" NPT M-to-F brass check valve: http://www.mcmaster.com/#7768K21

All the check valves do is allow flow in one direction while preventing it in the other. They will not allow you to regulate a different *constant* pressure to each individual keg. They simply maintain the CO2 pressure at every point downstream. You can go ahead and pressurize the kegs individually to different levels, and in the moments following they will be at those individual pressures, but there will still only be one regulator dictating the equilibrium pressure once beers absorbs CO2 from the initial charge. From what I understand, home brewers use them to keep "stuff" from getting into the regulator/gas tank, or traveling between kegs. I don't use them right now but I have the equipment and I'd say it's good practice!

1/8" NPT M-to-F brass check valve: http://www.mcmaster.com/#7768K21

All the check valves do is allow flow in one direction while preventing it in the other. They will not allow you to regulate a different *constant* pressure to each individual keg. They simply maintain the CO2 pressure at every point downstream. You can go ahead and pressurize the kegs individually to different levels, and in the moments following they will be at those individual pressures, but there will still only be one regulator dictating the equilibrium pressure once beers absorbs CO2 from the initial charge. From what I understand, home brewers use them to keep "stuff" from getting into the regulator/gas tank, or traveling between kegs. I don't use them right now but I have the equipment and I'd say it's good practice!

that's correct. if you want each keg at a different pressure, you'd need a secondary regulator for each line.

Did you happen to "check" those valves, when you built that manifold, to see if they might already incorporate a "check" valve?

I guess that would depend on the source of said valves, as most I've seen @ LHBS's already incorporate them.

Back