Need advice on new mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whovous

Waterloo Sunset
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently got an old mini fridge for free and kitted it out as a kegerator, but it is already dieing. I need a replacement.

Which currently available new mini fridge is best? I'd like:
1 to be able to drill through the middle of the top;
2 not to need to remove or displace a freezer; and
3 to have a door panel that is easy to remove and a door that still seals nicely afterwards.

I have a two tap Intertap tower and use three gallon kegs, so it does not need to be especially large. I'll be happy to put the CO2 tank outside as well if there is not enough space inside.

Advice please. Is it possible to meet all three of my criteria?

When you say "mini" fridge, I suspect most people think dorm-style refrigerator. There are the small cube-shaped ones, and the taller versions.

But I don't think that's what you want--is it? I use one of the taller mini-fridges as a fermentation chamber (see pic), but it's not tall enough for a keg.

minifermchamber.jpg

I think you're looking for something more this size--is that correct?

a60eb1f619baac22c12d376f25dabf43__78669.1542246939.1280.1280.jpg

The one I have right now is exactly the same height as a chest freezer and is plenty big for my 3 gallon and I suspect big enough for 5 gallon

Back