Need advice on mounting my burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exhumedatbirth

Reaction score
I am in the process of designing a single tier stand I will be using three burners, two of which are Blichmann top tier burners, the third is a Banjo burner I've had for a few years.
I'm running into confusion as to how to mount the two Blichmann burners without removing the legs/windscreen etc...
the banjo burner will be easy enough, and may not even be used if I decide to keep a cooler HLT.
Has anyone built a single tier using the top tier burners? how did you mount them to the stand?
The stand will most likely be 2" 16ga mild steel, MIG welded since TIG while more fun to do (IMO) and much cooler looking is just going to take forever.

I don't have top tier burners, but what I did and maybe you could too, is to space my cross members that formed a square that was the same size as my burners collar. Then I just tacked the collar, which houses the burner, to the frame and cross members.

You could probably do the same thing, and cut vertical keyhole slots in the collar, and tap threads in to the frame, and have adjustable height burners, using the keyhole slots to adjust height, and the boots in the threaded frame to tighten and hold in position

You could also just make a box or shelf under burner location, and just set the whole top tier burner on shelf, so the top is flush to just below frame surface. Then burner is removable if need be

Latest posts

Back