Need a brew pub in San Diego for lunch today- suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geer537

Reaction score
Morning all!

So it's my daughter's birthday and we traveled from central CA to San Diego to celebrate with family tonight. SWMBO said we could hit one brewery for lunch since we are celebrating our daughter's birthday the rest of the time and I know there are a ton around. Can anyone point us in good direction we could sit down with a 6 year old, eat and so some tasting?

I checked on Alesmith and Ballast Point but it doesn't look like they have food so no six year olds allowed... We about a half hour south of Escondido and could hit Arrogant Bastard but I want to get some suggestions before I go there because I buy it regularly. I'd like to find something I cant find easily. Suggestions?

Thanks all!

Steve

Pizza port in carslbad!!! Amazing beer selection and the pizza happens to be really delicious as well! They also have an AWESOME bottle shop right next door

Thanks EdWort!

I'll check out those sights while I wait for a fellow hbt'er to chime in

Sweet- 2 for Pizza Port. All parties LOVE pizza too. Plus with a bottle shop next door, I can take some interesting bottles for later. Strong front runner. If this looks more like a pizza joint than a brewpub, I could shoot for another for tomorrows lunch. Thanks and keep em comin!

You're lucky as hell to have happened to travel to San Diego during beer week. There's a ton of stuff going on, take your pick.

http://sdbw.org/

You might want to check out Blind Lady Ale House, it's not a brewpub(yet) but it's ran by the former head brewer of Stone and has great beer and pizza and is kid friendly. Also, it's worth the 30 minute drive out the Alpine Beer Co. for the BBQ and great beer.

Sweet- 2 for Pizza Port. All parties LOVE pizza too. Plus with a bottle shop next door, I can take some interesting bottles for later. Strong front runner. If this looks more like a pizza joint than a brewpub, I could shoot for another for tomorrows lunch. Thanks and keep em comin!
its basically a pizza joint/ brew pub. They have video games etc. to keep the kids happy. I went there for the first time when I was visiting san diego 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!

You're lucky as hell to have happened to travel to San Diego during beer week. There's a ton of stuff going on, take your pick.

http://sdbw.org/

You might want to check out Blind Lady Ale House, it's not a brewpub(yet) but it's ran by the former head brewer of Stone and has great beer and pizza and is kid friendly. Also, it's worth the 30 minute drive out the Alpine Beer Co. for the BBQ and great beer.

totally forgot about this. I wanted to go to the stone rare beer breakfast SO bad. Stupid work and responsibilities!

I noticed all the beer happenings going on and have thrown my card in to hit up an event but I cant take away too much from the daughters birthday. Gonna try though

Pizza port is the best place around. Great 'craft' pizza and even better beers. They've got several of their own beers and a few other locals to boot. For lunch, I would say this place is actually better than Stone and being a Southern California native and IPA lover, that's sayin' something.

We're headed to Port Brewing in Carlsbad now. Thanks everyone. Also got the ok to hit an event tomorrow before we take our daughter to anaheim tomorrow night (Disneyland monday). If we get a good one, I'll post some pics

I miss Pizza Port in Carlsbad. I lived minutes from there some time ago.

You can go there really casually or dressed a little up. It can also get crowded or be almost empty.

Don't expect service because you have to order and pick you food at the counter.

Anywho.. I hope you liked it.

E

Latest posts

Back