Necropost Awards...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@IslandLizard : Does the web site have a configuration option to warn about replying to 'old' topics?
No it doesn't, and I doubt there's any need or want for such "feature."

It's rare to find such a long and detailed reply as is exhibited here. And every much as valid today as it was 16 years ago, as it is with many topics, possibly most.

YUP, from the "similar threads" below....
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/*********-of-the-year-award.322928/Apr 21, 2012
My brother sat in Urgent Care yesterday morning for 3 hours to get a sick note so he could stay home and smoke all day.

Fast forward to 2021 people are going for a COVID test because they have "symptoms" and get a sick note for work that lasts until the results come back......

So if I start a thread with just the title "*********" will there be many similar threads?

Soooooo what now everyone is going look for an old thread to necro? I think I’ve seen 3 now today, all to post in this thread?!!

If that’s the case then I think you need to put a link in this thread when you post it.

With all this necroposting going in its hard to find recent posts that pertain to brewing. But it is pretty entertaining! Much to learn about this forum business! Thanks for the shout out

Some of us are easily distracted, and a few threads tend to derail.

As for brewing, the search function works well. There are usually several threads for just about any topic. Nothing's too obscure for HBT. But if you don't find it, post a new thread. People here are pretty good about jumping in to help.

Here's a sweet little dead-end to ponder, I'll leave it intact for someone else to plunder :)

Consider it's merits:
1. Only five posts long.
2. The link in post 1 no longer works, robbing future generations of critical context and rendering the entire discussion deliciously moot.
3. Not even beer related, as far as I can tell.
4. All of the posters are long gone, the most recent of whom hasn't logged on in almost three years.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/dont-get-drunk-and-watch-this.35885/

Here's a sweet little dead-end to ponder, I'll leave it intact for someone else to plunder :)

Consider it's merits:
1. Only five posts long.
2. The link in post 1 no longer works, robbing future generations of critical context and rendering the entire discussion deliciously moot.
3. Not even beer related, as far as I can tell.
4. All of the posters are long gone, the most recent of whom hasn't logged on in almost three years.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/dont-get-drunk-and-watch-this.35885/

I presume they're talking about an infamous "cursed image" referred to as 'Smile Dog' that made the rounds on the internet quite a few years ago. It was a heavily photoshopped photo of a dog with glowing eyes that was grinning at the camera. Supposedly, it could drive you insane if you looked at it long enough.

I presume they're talking about an infamous "cursed image" that made the rounds on the internet quite a few years ago. It was a heavily photoshopped photo of a dog with glowing eyes that was grinning at the camera. Supposedly, it could drive you insane if you looked at it long enough.
Well go ahead then.

for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• C7F2BF18-4D03-4931-994A-7F623EB09FAE.jpeg
    C7F2BF18-4D03-4931-994A-7F623EB09FAE.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
Yep. When 56K was considered 'the fast lane' and it STILL took you half the day for a webpage to load.

LOL, i live in the boonies, only have 4MB, it STILL takes half a day for "what are you drinking now", "meme generator", "post a picture of your pint", "random picture thread"....i just avoid them!

I remember when I upgraded my modem to 9600b and thought I was the most badass on the block....now I routinely curse x-fin-ihavenointernet-ty for lag time. I would have KILLED for the speeds I have now 20 years ago. Then again I also remember when there was really no internet as we know it now. Damn I'm old. 54 today.

I remember when I upgraded my modem to 9600b and thought I was the most badass on the block....now I routinely curse x-fin-ihavenointernet-ty for lag time. I would have KILLED for the speeds I have now 20 years ago. Then again I also remember when there was really no internet as we know it now. Damn I'm old. 54 today.
Happy birthday.

Latest posts

Back