Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember reading about beer tunnels under one of the Midwest cities.

Cincinnati?

Interesting that the one in the foreground looks like a cask rather than a keg - but like no cask I've ever seen in Britain. I don't know my US brewery colours well enough to tell, all red here would normally be Hall & Woodhouse among others.

565709F2-6661-4263-AB52-70DA093F37B0.jpeg

John A Robling suspension bridge? i see what looks like the moerlein lager house off to the right there? "MAYBE" never seen a lager house with THAT many stories though ;)

John A Robling suspension bridge? i see what looks like the moerlein lager house off to the right there? "MAYBE" never seen a lager house with THAT many stories though
Toured the bridge shortly before I snapped this picture. Spent the evening drinking beers at Rhinegeist. Great trip.

Hah! I recognize it and have seen it in person. I didn't remember the name, so I looked that part up. It's "Pinkerton hot springs". It's just north of Durango, CO. I have seen it a few times, a family friend has a townhouse there and has been gracious enough to let us go stay in it for free several times over the years. This thing is at a pull-off on the side of the road.

Related funny story - there are a bunch of hot springs there, we went to one twice during one of our visits. My wife's swimsuit turned a rust color and her feet and toenails especially turned orange! Other parts of her weren't affected nor me at all but something about her feet - LOL.

Hot springs are everywhere out there, and constantly bringing minerals to the surface that get deposited.

Back