Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as romantic as Waikiki sounds, but ya gotta love a beach named for the dead body that washed up there. And right there with Cape Disappointment. It's so inspiring. No wonder @Rodent wanted to live there. Waikiki Beach, Washington, is south of Ilwaco, Washington, the skyline picture.

Last edited:
Not as romantic as Waikiki sounds, but ya gotta love a beach named for the dead body that washed up there. And right there with Cape Disappointment. It's so inspiring. No wonder @Rodent wanted to live there. Waikiki Beach, Washington, is south of Ilwaco, Washington, the skyline picture.
Ilwaco, WA it is!

Deadman's Cove is such a beautiful place
1664142384115.png

as is Waikiki Beach, a short 2.5 mile bike ride from 'downtown' Ilwaco, and just around the bluff from Deadman's Cove

1664142688208.png

I never attempted to bring a ship ashore here, and have never yet been disappointed during a visit.

@D.B.Moody - you're up!

First picture said graveyard entrance to me, 2nd a train station. Does seem certain to be in the USA. Hmmmm.
Not the entrance to the cemetery, but there is a cemetery in another part of this place. It was established in 1866.
The cannon and the rifle barrels in that gate were material that was to be scrapped after the Civil War.
The road through the gate leads to an overlook. The overlook has changed significantly since 1967.
That is a train station. One of the views from the overlook. It was built in 1902 to service this place.
It is in the USA.

Last edited:
Ilwaco, WA it is!

Deadman's Cove is such a beautiful place
View attachment 781890

as is Waikiki Beach, a short 2.5 mile bike ride from 'downtown' Ilwaco, and just around the bluff from Deadman's Cove

View attachment 781891

I never attempted to bring a ship ashore here, and have never yet been disappointed during a visit.

@D.B.Moody - you're up!
Well at least one of those pictures of Washington was cloudy. LOL.

I was thinking Mississippi river somewhere as well.

1866, civil war, canons (didn't see that at first), graveyard...

Military related. Civil war era, and still around. Old fort perhaps. Hmm.
Yes, the Mississippi River. This place predates the Civil War. In the 1840's it was the largest military establishment in the US.

Not Vicksburg. Vicksburg does have a national cemetery established in 1866, but Vicksburg is on the eastern side of the Mississippi. Also an unlikely spot to have surplus cannons and rifle barrels after the Civil War.

Jefferson Barracks it is. Just south of St. Louis, MO. It was established in 1826; it was decommissioned in 1946. Today, besides the cemetery, there are VA services and Missouri National Guard and Air Guard units stationed/headquartered there. Much of it is run by St. louis County Parks. You're up, @michaeltrego.

Last edited:
Goodness, that could be so many places in the SE US. Texas, New Orleans, South Carolina.

Reminds me a lot of the area around the antebellum homes along the Natchez Trace so I'll start with that as a guess.

Back