Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually check or work on these at work when I have some down time
My advantage is I don't have that work thing interfering with my down time.
Hilarious, I actually looked up "red brick baptist church london" on a whim but didn't find that one. Total guess on the denomination but it was actually right.
Unusual guess, but you were spot on. Take note @DBhomebrew.
Slough baptist Church.png

And now for a new skyline. To consider this a theme continuation may be a bit of a stretch. This is from 1989:

1989 3.png

Last edited:
That was fast, and Indeed it is. The stretch was a real woman with real skills who may have been caught up in a bit of fiction that makes her better known than she would otherwise be. You're up @DBhomebrew.

Oddly enough, I know this one. One of my ancestors is John Coggeshall, who moved to what is now Rhode Island because he was disarmed after voting for Anne Hurttchenson in her trial for heresy in Boston. She also moved to Rhode Island and later she moved to New York, which was under Dutch control, to get away from the Puritans. This didn't work out so well for her. The following is the last paragraph of a story I wrote for my grandchildren:
Anne H.png
The first synagogue in America was in Rhode island.
One of my grandchildren is currently a junior at Brown University in Providence, R.I.
The story is Susannah was hiding in that split in that rock. :D So I looked it up: it's Split Rock, Pelham Bay Park, New York City, NY.

Last edited:
Bunker Hill it is. My great, great, great, great grandfather, Paul Moody, was wounded in that battle. (And, yes, I know it was fought on Breed's Hill ) It was the second time his militia had marched to Boston. The first time was the alarm for Lexington and Concord. The second time, they arrived just in time time to meet the British advance up Breed's Hill in the Battle of Bunker Hill. He was a sergeant in that militia unit. In 1776 he joined a Continental Army and served as a captain.throughout the war.
You're up @bracconiere.

Last edited:
damn i was waiting for my car to get a recalled air bag replaced...damn thing is a 98 so i still had to do it apparently, i tried ignoring it....3rd notice is the charm i guess....

anyway they had a wine magazine and i was reading about this place...

1663730896017.png

(honestly, what ever WTF that modern stuff is, doesn't go with the article!, lol)

Hrm. Was thinking it must be US but per a geography site: "Most of the barrier islands in the United States are found along the East Coast and Gulf Coast. Every state in this area from Maine down to Florida and over to Texas has barrier islands. There are no barrier islands along the Pacific coast of the United States due to its rocky shoreline and short continental shelf."

Seems there are plenty of barrier islands in Alaska, though I'm struggling to think they look like that or are populated. Gut feel says that picture is not of any place in Europe. Perusing the map of South Africa doesn't show a match. I'll take a guess - somewhere in North Africa? Can look further if it's right.

i was actually looking for the name of the bay...but King Salmon, Ca good nuff...

(it's Humboldt Bay)

I remember eating at the Samoa Cookhouse once, which is what reminded me of it....

Okra might be able to grow in that town, but it would not be it's preferred growing conditions

Those are not Okra fields (at least not the last time I visited the town while house hunting)

Last edited:
Back