Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with the Nevada, @bracconiere?

because i got this pic with the blue metal building and everything?

1660784358267.png

well we all win and, if any of you were graphics people.....we could all pick a spot then do one of those swirly things or something....and @pvpeacock would have to name all three! :D

COLOSSAL CAVE MOUNTAIN PARK: VISITORS CENTER – VAIL AZ

https://colossalcave.com/
Cactus reminded me of being a kid living in AZ, so I searched AZ park visitors center and got it pretty quickly. I don't think I've actually ever even heard of it before!

Looks fun. Except for maybe the "Wild Cave Tour". I think I could do it but... wedging myself underneath giant objects on purpose has never really sounded good.

Fast! I figured people would bounce around Europe for a while first. Nice job. You are up.

i wouldn't see why, it screams fairy princess fictional world all over it? got the clock tower to watch to know when she reverts back to a goat or something that the handsome prince needs to kiss! lol

Last edited:
The cranes imply a port.
The belltower looks very Nordic - so we're in a Scandinavian port?

The big white building is very reminiscent of the South Bank in London, it's got that same 1950s municipal feel to it - or something like a UN building. But those lumps look like they must be the fly tower for a theatre?

So - a theatre in a Scandinavian port, designed in the 1950s?

The cranes imply a port.
The belltower looks very Nordic - so we're in a Scandinavian port?

The big white building is very reminiscent of the South Bank in London, it's got that same 1950s municipal feel to it - or something like a UN building. But those lumps look like they must be the fly tower for a theatre?

So - a theatre in a Scandinavian port, designed in the 1950s?
Extremely close, but can't give it. 1950's is out, too early. Partying primes come to mind.

I take it that last sentence is a reference to Finland, so we're in Helsinki, which must mean the Finlandia Hall. Design started in 1959 so I'll take that - that wrap-around balcony is so South-Bankish.

"The Finlandia Hall and its Congress wing was the only part of a plan for a grand new monumental centre for Helsinki around the Töölö Bay area, designed by Alvar Aalto from 1959 to 1976, to actually be built.....The designs were completed in 1962, with building taking place between 1967 and 1971. The Congress Wing was designed in 1970 and built in 1973–1975. In 2011, the building was expanded with new exhibition and meeting facilities. Finlandia Hall is known as the venue for the OSCE Summit (Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe) held in August 1975, attended by 35 world leaders, including the leader of the Soviet Union, Leonid Brezhnev, and the President of the United States, Gerald Ford."

I take it that last sentence is a reference to Finland, so we're in Helsinki, which must mean the Finlandia Hall. Design started in 1959 so I'll take that - that wrap-around balcony is so South-Bankish.

"The Finlandia Hall and its Congress wing was the only part of a plan for a grand new monumental centre for Helsinki around the Töölö Bay area, designed by Alvar Aalto from 1959 to 1976, to actually be built.....The designs were completed in 1962, with building taking place between 1967 and 1971. The Congress Wing was designed in 1970 and built in 1973–1975. In 2011, the building was expanded with new exhibition and meeting facilities. Finlandia Hall is known as the venue for the OSCE Summit (Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe) held in August 1975, attended by 35 world leaders, including the leader of the Soviet Union, Leonid Brezhnev, and the President of the United States, Gerald Ford."
Ding. Ding. Ding.

All correct, including the clue about Sanna Marin.

You're up. Bonus internet points up for grabs for the link to tracer bullet's post.

Here in Britain we're kinda bored of the whole partying PM thing TBH.... Is it an CSCE thing, one of the successor conferences was held in Ottawa in 1985?

This isn't a great photo, but it gets you a skyline - I may have to post a closeup of a building with an interesting history.

1661079713030.png

Back