Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just want to crack a joke and chime in, with what mud pile would be imporant enough to save as a historical relic....and then stack pallets on, and like homeless with a bag of trash fishing out of? (and i mean...well, i hope this is a relic of englands first attempt at fixing collera. and why we still don't throw bed pans on the street)

edit: for a guess?

Cloaca Maxima​

i just want to crack a joke and chime in, with what mud pile would be imporant enough to save as a historical relic....and then stack pallets on, and like homeless with a bag of trash fishing out of? (and i mean...well, i hope this is a relic of englands first attempt at fixing collera. and why we still don't throw bed pans on the street)

edit: for a guess?

Cloaca Maxima​

I'll have to give it to you on that. Ancient Rome's main sewer running into the Tiber.

tiber was the key for me now.... found this... so i'll have to think up something...

(google "rome's sewer system bridge" :mug:)

1656027860574.png

1656029944211.png

i was going to post some skiiing local to me, but thought about another place where they malt their own! both where snow is weird!

1656030150044.png

i want to say australia, and a wild guess would be fallscreek.....

that'd be the wrong side of the equator too though.....

Lake Morena?

yep, you're up @pvpeacock (and to tell you the truth, i even went through my mom's photo book, trying to find a picture of my own instead of stock ones....)

edit: i wonder if the rat lineage my dad made me release around there still have prodigeny.....there were about 30 of them, i was alway impressed then female rat could have a litter of 12 babies every 1-2 months, and not be around the original 'dad'....

Hmm, we're all friends, right?

Pretty sure that 1st picture is indeed Barett Lake, and not Lake Morena. Do some aerial viewing and I think you'll see that Morena has a dam on one end, but not that one. Barett certainly seems to have the dam in the picture.

Hmm, we're all friends, right?

i hope so.. and damn, pun completly embarising....it is barett, but i swear i remember the little pilar thing when i was 8 or 9 years old..

if i don't get shamed out of the game for this, and win again. i'm so going to put a photo of mine on the scanner to post!

edit: i was looking for pics of morena though....you're going to have to scold me accordingly and decide which pro google-fu'r takes it....

I remember that airport, we flew in almost every weekend one summer. Use to freak people out when we would only gain 10 feet altitude and dive off the end of the runway! Good times.

Catalina Island airport in the sky!

Exactly. I once took off from here in a Grumman Goose seaplane because there was a big storm and the seaplane could not take off or land on the water off Avalon. Scary take-off given the configuration of the runway and taking off from the top of a mountain.
Konadog, you're up.
181105143842-01-catalina-california-airport-1100518-restricted-full-169.jpg

I always liked how half the runway would disappear just before you touched down. Always freaked me out.
Good Buffalo burgers for lunch.

Keeping with the last few ideas:
airport.jpeg

Not my picture.

i'm just going to say if you blow this up and use this as a clue....you're cheating, so i'm not even going to search for it! :D

1656649460986.png

I'm going to start the guesses with Alaska. Clearly it's snowy and mountainous, but that could be anywhere. And that runway looks a bit nutty, and that sounds like something you'd find in Alaska as well.

(next guess will be Russia)

Back