Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 2016 trip. No herrings, decoys or false flags here. Some clues.

2016-02-13 12.59.17.JPG

Last edited:
My immediate reaction was "Central America"; looking more closely on the right there's a "Mex" something and Telcel, which is the Mexican phone provider, so I guess we're in Mexico somewhere?

Don't recognise it though, so "one of the bits of Mexico I've not been to"? Pacific coast maybe?

Not Central America but yes, Mexico, though nowhere near the pacific coast. Will hold any clues for now, other than saying that it was the name of the Spanish castle that reminded me of this Mexican town.

You got it, @bruce_the_loon.

A slightly-off-the-beaten-path tourist attraction, not far from Mexico City, in the Puebla District, definitely worth a day trip, for the pyramids and the amazing churches.

And, alongside Tabasco, another place name appropriated and trademarked by a gringo company. At least Cholula hot sauce is made (somewhere else) in Mexico.

Tabasco, another place name appropriated and trademarked by a gringo company
Actually, as I understand it, the sauce is named after the pepper, not the town. The guy in Louisiana grew peppers from seeds of that plant and made his sauce based on them.

Last edited:
Actually, as I understand it, the sauce is named after the pepper, not the town. The guy in Louisiana grew peppers from seeds of that plant and made his sauce based on them.
And the pepper is named after the Mexican state. In any case, it’s a name in the public domain that is trademarked by a company, and you could get sued for making sauce from tabasco peppers and calling it, rather appropriately, tabasco sauce.

Kind of reminds me of the great recent story of the village pub in Cornwall that was asked to change its name by Vogue magazine. That story ended well. Village pub asked to change name by Vogue magazine

Last edited:
Not sure where Cantamar lighthouse is. As @Konadog said, this is on the west coast of Baha California. One might drive by here if they were heading South from the States on a surfing adventure.

That does indeed look like the Cantamar Lighthouse in Primo Tapia, Playas de Rosarito, BC. It helped to google “lighthouse” in Spanish (“faro”) for positive identification. I’d say @cmac62 got it first.

Attachments

• A0E5A35A-81A9-4974-8C8D-F7802866B33A.png
    A0E5A35A-81A9-4974-8C8D-F7802866B33A.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It says “Willow Tree Gallery” on a store sign. There’s one with that name in Knoxville, TN, but it doesn’t look like that. So I’ll go with Willow Tree, California.

i suck at this game...but for some reason that architicture in the obscure background reminds me of san diego when i saw it in person.....can't think of a name though..and a roller coaster...big dipper?

Belmont park, not the city in san fran? if i'm thinking straight?

Back