Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could tell it was Amsterdam from all the bikes.
Here you go:
place 6.jpg

And rather less rainfall than even the "dry" bits of New Zealand like Christchurch (or Sydney, San Francisco or most of the East Coast of the US).

People don't realise quite how little rain SE England gets, there are parts that count as semi-desert, drier than eg Tel Aviv. But yeah, there's a lot of grey days.
Too right used to get about 700 mm rain in Tonbridge a year on the rain gauge. Here in Wellington we had 1200mm .
Sydney gets more rain than Manchester ( but less test match cricket cancelled due to rain).

@pvpeacock
Looks rather lovely, ski in the morning and waterski in the afternoon with a good wetsuit. Seward Alaska

Only one of these flying in the world, rebuilt in New Zealand I saw this fly over Lake Karapiro at low level, still gives me goose bumps those twin merlins and the history. Patient of mine made the replica guns for it and the owner sent me this and a few other pictures of it flying over auckland.

@D.B.Moody You are right it's Wellington, " the cake tin " sports stadium to the top right and main city out of shot on the left.
I think @MaxStout was stabbing in the dark. You can be sure that Auckland won't be coming up on any of my offerings.

I think @MaxStout was stabbing in the dark.

Yeah, but if he hadn't guessed Aukland, you wouldn't have had a reason to post a picture of that Vickers Wellington flying over Aukland, so I wouldn't have figured out the skyline. I'm just saying. :mug:

Anyway, lets see who's been paying attention. This was taken in 2010:

2010.JPG

Yeah, but if he hadn't guessed Aukland, you wouldn't have had a reason to post a picture of that Vickers Wellington flying over Aukland, so I wouldn't have figured out the skyline. I'm just saying. :mug:

Anyway, lets see who's been paying attention. This was taken in 2010:
Not sure that was my hint plan!

It's a Mosquito and a Vampire flying over Auckland.

This is a Wellington bomber
64.jpg

As far as I can tell they have never flown in New Zealand. Don't think any flying examples either.

Not sure that was my hint plan!
It's a Mosquito and a Vampire flying over Auckland.

Oops! All I know is that when I saw that picture "Wellington" popped into my head. I didn't check it out, I just went with it. Go figure.

@Konadog, how about the Mendocino coast? I'm feeling lucky.

Last edited:
Not Charleston. South was a good move, but reread my post with the first picture.
To get this next picture you could climb the stairs of the water tower to view a fort and some of the city:
1989 2.png

Last edited:
Is it Nassau and paradise island there is a bridge connecting those two we used to walk across.
You are correct, but I already told InspectorJon that he's up. The beach on Paradise Island is just great; we were actually staying there on that trip.

Latest posts

Back