Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got it, it's a view from the cricket ground looking towards town. Lucky enough to go to a conference at the cricket ground and able to watch a pink ball Sheffield Shield game. Great city.
Will await your picture

This is from 1966. I'll probably have to post an in town picture, but who knows:
1966bridge.png

I was thinking city/town, but bridge works. (If you can name one, you could name the other.)
Yes to USA and crossing a state line.

I think it's the Mississippi and given that it's viewed from a buff that's higher than the bridge, the picture has to be taken in the mid-west. I'm going to go for Eagle Point Bridge between Wisconsin and Dubuque, Iowa.

duncan.brown you're right again. The Mark Twain Memorial Bridge at Hannibal, Missouri. And I didn't have to post a picture of the Tom Sawyer house. Picture taken on a short road trip in our Austin Healey Sprite in Auguast, 1966. I don't think I could even get in and out of that car today.
You're up @duncan.brown.

No, it was a US market car, but It did have pretty, little chrome bumpers that were ugly rubber things on that 1980 Midget. Also, you obviously had a cooler doctoral advisor than I did.

Yes on the West coast of Ireland. It's a famous enough area, that the spot should be named. Unsubtle hint:
'17.JPG

Last edited:
No.
Well, there's Castle Point in Ireland about 160 miles from where I took the pictures. So, not too whoops.

Last edited:
What can I say? Whoops!
I think the capital M threw me.

Also, I wasn't thinking in terms of the tower's name, just Cliffs of Moher.

Last edited:
Go to the back of the class and don't be such a prat.
I offer as my defense the ludicrous fact that while I can spend the Easter weekend at a pub getting as drunk as I want, I cannot go and buy a single bottle of wine to savour over the weekend. Not that the house isn't well stocked up, but it is silliness.

Isn't my collection of the demerit points because it a diskworld related detail?

Do agree the world has gone mad, they have 450000 doses of vaccine here and have managed to dispense about 30000 doses in 6 weeks.
That's a group of people who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and our pubs, bars and off licences, sports stadiums are all open!!

Back