Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tel Aviv, Isreal

Edit: Sorry @DuncB, I didn't know St' Peters is in Jaffa. I thought it was in Tel Aviv so I didn't know why you were talking about Oranges. Now that I got it, I get your answer. Good one!

Last edited:
@CKuhna & @DuncB: I think DuncB should be up. St. Peters is in Jaffa, as in Jaffa Oranges. Jaffa is part of Tel Aviv, but DuncB was on it first. And his answer was funny. :D Please go @DuncB.

Last edited:
Very charitable ( not a clue by the way ).
Next city.

where is this.JPG

CKuhns I couldn't remember the name of the place but it was for Kharnynb who had already nailed the Lisbon picture.

So we await the offering from Kharnynb.

Yeah, I was going to say St. Petersburg known for weather of 11 months of anticipation and one month of disappointment, but it didn't look right. Then I decided that dome on the left is the capital building in Helsinki. I'm fairly sure.

Edit. You made me look again. So I hope you got something; I, apparently, don't.
Edit again: @DuncB, you did it again. Even better than the orange thing! :mug:

Last edited:
Tallinn would have required going by sea :D but savonlinna to viipuri(vyborg) is possible due to the saimaa canal.
As the Saimaa canal is rented by finland, it's possible to go to viipuri without a visa if you don't stay the night.

@schmurf is up next!

The night before the balloons went over, we watched fireworks set off on the roof across the street (a celebration of Olympic games wins). To the right outside (the window was a French balcony) was a town square and a church:
V fireworks.JPG
2square.JPG

Correct, and you vill be up next @InspectorJon. Did you note DuncB's post #9588, just after I posted the first picture?
BTW: Pilies kepykla translates to Castle bakery. If googled, Pileis kepykele comes up instead, apparently also meaning castle bakery, and a place in Vilnius near to but not where I saw that old sign I took a picture of.

Good call DuncB. And I think the towers were shot from the Idaman Residence on the street named for Law Yew Swee. Was that in the movie?

Back