Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My immediate reaction is that it looks like a less fancy version of Schönbrunn, so one of the Habsburgs' "cottages" somewhere in Austria-Hungary?

Oslo. Thought it looked familiar. I was there 2 years ago. Beautiful city.
Oslo.jpg

Let's have a change of pace. As one small clue, the cyclist in the middle of the photo is riding on the correct side of the road for this country.
1611137693514.png

I should have said, I'm just looking for the name of the river.

A bit of it is in India but most of it isn't (including this photo).

Well depending on how you define it, almost everything round there ends up in the Brahmaputra so I guess they're all tributaries, but the Teesta was warmer.

Jaldhaka is getting colder than the Teesta - and both of them are mostly in India, which fails the condition of having the majority in a country that's not India.

Mahananda River - Revisiting the map I see that is in India, so I am revising this to guess Talma River

Last edited:
How about the Brahmaputra River?
Mahananda River - Revisiting the map I see that is in India, so I am revising this to guess Talma River

Already said not the Brahmaputra proper, it's much smaller than that.

Assuming you mean the Talma in Bangladesh then no.

So far nobody's mentioned a river in the right country, where this has the majority of its length (and a minority in India).

Now we're getting close, it's a tributary of the Koshi.

And as an extra clue, it seems to lose a syllable just before crossing the border - at least according to Google Maps it does. I'm looking for (the Anglicised version of) the Nepalese name.

Bigger than the D(h)udh

(at least going by the width on Google Maps...)

Kali Gandaki River, which combines with the Seti Gandaki and other rivers and seems to maybe become the Sapt (seven) Gandaki River which becomes the Gandak River in India. The Sept Gandaki is likely a big lake during flood season.

Last edited:
Back